When uploading a new experiment, you have to enter a brief description of the experiment, and your contact details (see 'Information for participant' in Upload Experiment). The text you enter here will be part of the informed consent form that is presented to the participant before the start of every experiment, shown below.
Information on the study
This section of the consent form is filled in by the experimenter and needs to include a short description of the study and the name and contact details of the researcher.
Information on personal data
The data that is collected for the analysis of this experiment
- may, if you have a user account, be used for the analysis of all other experiments on this website in which you participate
- cannot directly be used to identify you
- will be anonymously and securely stored for an indefinite amount of time
- will, as long as you have a user account, be stored with a link to this account
- may be shared with other researchers and an academic audience
For more information, you can visit this page.
By clicking the 'I agree' button, you declare that:
- you have read and understand the information above
- your participation in this study is voluntary
- you are at least 18 years of age
If you do not want to participate in this study, you can click the 'I do not agree' button.
This consent form is available in English, Dutch and German, based on the 'Consent form language' parameter in Upload Experiment.
It is of course important that the collected information is in accordance with the privacy legislation. As such, it is crucial that you only ask for personal information that is necessary for your research and avoid collecting special personal data such as information about health, ethnic origin, political opinions etc. If you need take the participant's age into account, always ask for age rather than birthdate. Never ask for personal information that could be used to easily identify the participants, e.g. names or personal ID numbers (BSN).